All listed companies in the European Union and CIS, as well as in Azerbaijan since January, 2008 are required to prepare consolidated company accounts in compliance with IFRS. IFRS also affects associates and subsidiaries of companies, and with many countries around the world moving towards applying IFRS, the impact of financial reporting is significant.
GRBS® has long-believed in the importance of international accounting and financial reporting standards for development of Azerbaijani businesses and their entry to the global market, and was the first organisation in Azerbaijan to offer the qualification in international financial reporting in azerbaijani, russian and english languages. The qualification is intended as a conversion course for professional accountants already qualified or experienced in country specific financial reporting standards.
To provide experienced Azerbaijani accountants who will apply International Financial Reporting Standards with practical knowledge and appropriate professional skills in the field of IFRS in accordance with the decree issued by his Excellency Ilham Aliyev, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, dated June 29, 2004 that required all companies and organizations functioning in Azerbaijan to apply International Financial Reporting Standards and “The Accounting Law” of the Republic of Azerbaijan (#716 İİQ) dated September 2, 2004.
- Accountants and/or auditors holding relevant academic degrees and having minimum of 2 years of practical experience proved by official letter from employer; OR
- Accountants and/or auditors having minimum of 3 years of practical experience proved by official letter from employer.
- Understanding of international regulation structure in field of financial reporting.
- Application of appropriate international financial accounting and financial reporting standards in real life situations.
- Preparation of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS, including interpretations made by “International Financial Reporting Interpretations Committee”.
- Preparation of financial reporting of groups, which include subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures.
- To acquire knowledge of applying practically the National Accounting Standards of the
- Republic of Azerbaijan, which is currently in force based on International Financial Reporting Standards.
Azerbaijani, Russian, English