General English – is a general course of English language which consists of 6 levels: Beginner, Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate, Advanced.
The main aim of the General English program is formation and development of the language skills and knowledge for the practice use of English orally or in written form.
The main goals of this program are:
- Overcoming of the language barrier and improvement of the conversational English skills including improving of the pronunciation;
- The knowing of the grammatical norms of English language;
- Active vocabulary expansion;
- Improvement of skills of working with the prints in English: reading, translation;
- Improvement of skills of understanding the spoken language aurally;
- Increase of overall level of English language.
The practice tasks and methods of development of the required language skills in the tuition process include: case method and role games, dialogues, discussions, presentations, listening tasks, pair/team work, reading, narration, grammar explanations, written tasks.
Course duration: Lessons are conducted 3 times a week. One of these lessons is English Speaking Workshop. The total duration of one level – 12 weeks.
Lesson duration: 90 minutes in a group and 60 minutes for the private tuition
The class format: Private and group tuition.
Number of students in a group: 4 – 8 students
The tuition is provided by the highly experienced tutors certified to CELTA, CPE, TKT, TESOL, TEFL, IELTS, TOEFL and etc.
The compulsory procedure for courses entry is diagnostic test. After the current level of English language has been indicated the students are separated to groups during 10 business days. The lessons are organized under a flexible schedule.
After the successful accomplishment of the tuition program in accordance with the knowledge level they have got the students will be able to:
- Lead oral communication in English in accordance with the subject of the tuition program;
- Implement English language for correspondence with foreign friends and colleagues;
- Read and understand the publications in English;
- Implement English language in different situations in social life